"Love people, not things. Use things, not people."
President Spencer W. Kimball

"With an ounce of obedience comes a bushel of blessings."
Elder Neal A. Maxwell

"It is easier to keep up than to catch up, but it is better to catch up than to give up." JJO

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Parade of States

Today was Lindsey's 5 grade Parade of States. She did her state report on Kentucky. It was fun helping her decorate her float. I found a toy horse that we decorated to look like the Kentucky Derby winner, complete with a blue ribbon and floral lei. She also displayed 2 of her brothers model Corvettes, because the National Corvette Museum is in Kentucky. The float also had a KFC bucket and a black stove pipe hat to show that Kentucky is the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln.

It was interesting to see the variety of floats and learn some things about the different states. One of my goals this year, that I haven't kept, was to learn about each of the 50 states. This peaked my interest again & I hope to still accomplish this goal.

I learned some things from this experience helping Lindsey. I need to enjoy the process more and not stress and grumble so much. I need to listen better and be more patient. Hopefully I'll do better next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute Kentucky float! Way to go Lindsey, and Mom. :)