"Love people, not things. Use things, not people."
President Spencer W. Kimball

"With an ounce of obedience comes a bushel of blessings."
Elder Neal A. Maxwell

"It is easier to keep up than to catch up, but it is better to catch up than to give up." JJO

Monday, October 13, 2008

Ok, I have become a true soccer mom. Saturday I sat bundled up watching Lindsey play while it snowed. Yes, snow on October 11th. Way too early! I did use my new soccer umbrella and stand so I had some cover from the snow. Lindsey wouldn't wear any extra clothing under her uniform to keep warm, but after Saturday, she has now agreed to wear more. I crochetted her a beanie to match her uniform, while I watched two football games. I guess I better remember my camera next time so you all can see what I'm talking about. I am thankful for our new furnace that is keeping us warm and cozy.

Last week our neice Rebecca was married in the Salt Lake Temple. She and her husband are 38, and it is the first marriage for both. They had a very nice wedding dinner/reception at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Ron and I were happy to be able to see them sealed and celebrate with them. It was a beautiful day!

So, I made two batches of raspberry jam last week. On the first batch I made a big mistake and had to throw it away. I know I'm suppose to read the directions through carefully, but darn, I didn't and I put too much sugar in. I hate it when I made dumb mistakes like this. GRRR! The second batch was a success! Chalk this up to another lesson of many in humility.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mom I am so impressed with you, you are posting something on a weekly basis. :) I love reading what you write, and I still think it is so funny that you are a soccar mom, not that you are a funny soccar mom, I am just surprised that anyone in our family gave you the opportunity. Thanks for always being so supportive of all of us in whatever our hobbies may be, choir, piano, dancing, biking, and soccar. You are a great mom!

Jess said...

That is dedication Julie... soccer in the snow! And about that raspberry jamb spoiled with too much sugar...? Now, really is that spoiled, or just renamed CANDY!